2019 Men's Bucket League
New Players Welcome Any Time During The Year
The Bucket League is a Wednesday mid-day 18 Hole Men’s League. New Teams will be drawn by computer each week based on the number of players signed-up. You can sign upon a week by week basis – play when you can. To sign-up, send an email to Dave Johnson at email@example.com.
Formats -- New format each week which will include two, three and four man team formats (click here for a list of possible formats). Players will always play their own ball (no scramble formats).
Teams -- will normally be flighted based on handicap. We will have a few pure blind draw formats (not flighted). Teams will be drawn Monday evening. Teams will be e-mailed to Bucket League Members and, be posted on Province Lake Golf website on Monday night or Tuesday AM.
Sign-Up -- is on a week to week basis based on your availability. You need to let the League Coordinator (Dave Johnson) know by Monday evening of each week if you are playing. You may sign-up via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org ), or call Dave Johnson (603-522-6381).
Greens Fees –
- Members -- all PLG membership plans are accepted.
- Non -members – Bucket League Rate -- $40.00 with cart.
- (Note – you may want to consider one of the PLG Memberships if you are going to play in the Bucket League, Men’s League, Quota League, etc. ( Check our website for More Information about PLG Memberships.)
Prize Pool – $5.00 in addition to Greens Fee. Includes prizes for closest to pins, long putts, and team scores (based on the total prize pool). All players, including guests will be part of the weekly format and will be required to enter the prize pool.
Guests – Members are always welcome to bring a guest (s) during the season. We need a handicap or, average 18 score for your guest (s).
All guests will be part of your foursome, be included in the competition and, are required to contribute to the $5.00 weekly Prize Pool.
USGA Handicap INDEX preferred – either from GHIN or from Myscore.com etc. For information regarding Myscorecard (for Men’s League Members or individuals who play at PLG on a regular basis), contact Dave Johnson at email@example.com. Handicaps for new members who do not have a GHIN Index will be based on lowest score for first five rounds.
Tees - Players may play from the Blue, White or, Purple Tees based on age and handicap. You will be able to change your Tee Preference but, on a limited basis. For development of teams each week, all players will be assigned to the White Tees. You will need to let the League Coordinator know if you will be playing from a tee other than the default tees (White).
- Have Fun. Play 18 holes weather permitting.
- Play your own ball at all times.
- Play with different players each week.
- Compete for Closest To The Pin, Long Putt and Team Prizes.
League Rules - USGA Rules apply with the exception of all Posted Local Rules and, the following "League Rules":
- Provisional Lies In Your Own Fairway ONLY -- width of our score card, no closer to the hole. Please use your club (roll the ball) not your hand to improve your lie under this "League" Rule. Do not pick the ball up or clean the ball unless Lift, Clean & Place is posted by the Pro Shop due to wet course conditions.
- Lost Ball Red Stakes or White Stakes (Stroke Penalty) – areas marked by Red Stakes (lateral hazard) or White Stakes (OB) – with the help of the other players in your group, determine where the ball crossed the margin of the hazard – drop a ball two club lengths from the margin of the hazard under penalty of One Stroke. DO NOT GO BACK TO HIT ANOTHER BALL.
- Rock & Root Rule -- our objective is to play golf and have fun without injury or damage to our clubs. If your ball is on a rock or root or in a position that you may hit a rock or root during your swing, you may roll the ball away (ONLY THE DISTANCE REQUIRED TO ALLOW RELEIF FROM THE ROCK, ROOT ETC.) from that type of a situation without penalty under the Unplayable Lie Rule. In all other situations, USGA Rules apply. This does not apply to balls against a rock wall (i.e. behind 15th hole etc.) – unplayable – drop – 1 stroke.
- Putts – No Gimmes - put the ball in the hole. We all have a different idea of what length putt is, “a Gimme Putt”. In fairness to all players, put the ball in the hole on every hole. If the ball does not go in, you have not finished the hole.
Handicaps --will be a Max of 30.
Blind Draws –
If we are short a player(s) as we are assigning teams, we will allow our computer program to select blind draws. The player’s who score is selected for a blind draw, will not be part of that team with regards to the Flag Pool. Day Of Play – if we need a blind draw because of a NO-SHOW, DNF etc. we will draw out of The Bucket at the completion of play for the day.
If you are interested in playing in our league, send a note to Dave Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.